Significant People in the Aviation Heritage of the Carolinas
One of the missions of the Carolinas Historic Aviation Commission is to memorialize the people from the North and South Carolina who have made significant contributions to the aviation heritage of the Carolinas.
People included in the Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame are memorialized here on the web site, and eventually will be recognized in an exhibit to be developed at the Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The most important criteria to be included in the Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame is that the individual must either be from the Carolinas or have made their contribution to aviation in the Carolinas.
Photo: Crew of Enola Gay
The criteria for inclusion in the Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame are as follows:
1) The person must either be from the Carolinas (have been born here or have a significant connection to the Carolinas), or the person must have made their contribution to the aviation while in the Carolinas.
2) The person should be a leader in the aviation community or made a significant contribution to aviation, above and beyond a normal career.
3) The person nominated must have documentation or verifiable accomplishments in order to be considered.
4) The person nominated must either have been an aviator or a person involved directly in the aviation industry or part of military aviation.
5) The person nominated should have a minimum of 10 years involvement in aviation.
6) All persons nominated should have positively contributed to the image of North Carolina and/or South Carolina as viewed on a State and National level.
7) Nominations should be reviewed by Federal Aviation Administration or Department of Defense officials to ensure there are no reasons why the person should not be inducted into the Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame.
If you would like to nominate someone for inclusion in the Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame please contact:
Floyd S Wilson
Carolinas Aviation Hall of Fame
4108 Airport Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
e-mail at: Hall_of_Fame@www.chacweb.com
Phone 704-359-8442, Fax 704-359-0057
Photo - Tom Ferebee visiting the Museum